GRA PUBLIC MEETING- SECURITY INITIATIVE FOR THE SUBURB
A public meeting to present a security proposal for our suburb was held on the 26th October 2011. What follows is a summary of the meeting.
This public meeting followed the preliminary presentation of the security initiative at last year’s AGM, which was supported by those
present. In essence, the proposal relates to the provision of proactive security. This would entail security company vehicles actively patrolling to prevent incidents rather than simply reacting to an incident.
An extensive and detailed process was undertaken. This involved interviews with the security portfolios of Resident’s Associations of surrounding suburbs – to determine what has been successful - as well as requests to all the security companies active in Greenside to submit proposals.
The abovementioned process led to the selection of CSS Tactical as the preferred provider.
The total cost to have one vehicle with two armed guards patrolling 24 hours /day would be R90 000.
There are then a range of direct costs for individual subscribers depending on whether one is an existing CSS client or not:
- CSS client : R125/month
- Non CSS client : R250/month. Residents with existing contracts with other service providers will not have to change their reactive service.
- No private security service provider: R250. Residents will not have to sign up for the reactive service
CSS have offered to pay the difference between an existing non CSS service provider’s monthly fee and their proactive fee to meet the cost of becoming a CSS client together with their proactive service. This would amount to R75/month subsidised by CSS (based on the information presented). The period was not specified. This needs to be confirmed.
- With CSS/ debit order
- Monthly i.e. can withdraw at the end of the month if not satisfied, or for whatever reason
Service Level Agreement
To be negotiated
Will be managed by GRA
- CSS will also report any problems detected in the suburb to the relevant municipal authorities e.g. faulty street light lights/traffic signs/road signage/potholes etc.
- CSS will contribute R16/month of the signed up member’s monthly fee to the GRA – which will constitute the annual subscription of R200; hence a saving of R200/year.
The projected date of commencement is June 2012 – based on the required number of residents signing up to meet the total monthly cost. It could be sooner.
- This would involve an agreement between the client and CSS, for a monthly debit order as per the monthly cost detailed earlier.
- The debit order would only commence once the required number of residents had signed agreements.
All content related to the presentation, as well as the CSS debit order agreement, is available on the GRA website www.lovegreenside.org . Any queries can be directed to info [at] lovegreenside [dot] org